Raise Dough For Girl Talk This Friday by Eating Food…
This Friday, please help support Girl Talk by eating at Pompei. Mention Girl Talk when you pay and we will receive 20% of everything sold. It’s simple! Eat and we make some money. Please spread the word… You can download the flier here.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
This is the Girl Talk blog. Girl Talk is a biweekly program that works with girls who are incarcerated at the Cook County Juvenile Temporary Detention Center.
- April 2013 (1)
- January 2013 (1)
- November 2012 (1)
- August 2012 (1)
- July 2012 (1)
- June 2012 (1)
- May 2012 (1)
- February 2012 (1)
- January 2012 (1)
- December 2011 (2)
- November 2011 (1)
- October 2011 (2)
- September 2011 (1)
- August 2011 (1)
- July 2011 (1)
- June 2011 (3)
- May 2011 (4)
- April 2011 (6)
- March 2011 (4)
- February 2011 (3)
- January 2011 (3)
- December 2010 (5)
- November 2010 (4)
- October 2010 (6)
- September 2010 (10)
- Spring Changes Coming Soon!
- Upcoming Event: Self-Care Day at IYC-Warrenville
- Call for Support & Donations: Self-Care Days for Incarcerated Girls
- September 14 – Violence in the Lives of Girls – A Conference for Adult Allies
- Volunteer Opportunity: Curriculum Team
- Dr. Beth Richie Speaks About Her New Book: “Arrested Justice: Black Women, Violence, and American’s Prison Nation.”
- New Resource: Our Second Girl Talk Curriculum is Available…
- Submissions to Chicago Books to Women in Prison
- RT @prisonculture: Support HB2404: Treat 17 Year Olds as Juveniles - #DecarcerateIL - Nation Inside nationinside.org/campaign/decar… - Please take ac… 3 weeks ago
- RT @prisonculture: Support HB2401: Create Alternatives to Incarceration - #DecarcerateIL - Nation Inside nationinside.org/campaign/decar… - Support t… 3 weeks ago
- RT @ChicagoReporter: Listen on @Vocalo to Maria Gaspar's audio documentary on Cook County Jail and its relationship with Little Village htt… 3 weeks ago
- RT @projectnia: Reminder: Listen to Chicagoans talk about the impact of violence in the new Uproar Chicago audio collage - http://t.co/hhw7… 3 weeks ago
- Black Girls Under Fire: June 1 Workshop & Discussion conta.cc/13NwW39 via #constantcontact 1 month ago
- Speak up for our young folks! I just supported Uproar Chicago on Thunderclap! thndr.it/V3JL3q 3 months ago
- RT @projectnia: Project NIA's 2012 Year in Review - tinyurl.com/a29nkaj - Many thanks to our supporters & contributors. 5 months ago
- RT @prisonculture: Help Us to Close TAMMS & IYCs in Illinois... - bit.ly/V8UPYH 5 months ago
- Swim coach sentenced to 7 years for sex abuse May 24, 2013ROCKVILLE, Md. (AP) — A once-prominent swimming coach who trained thousands of children was sentenced to seven years in prison Thursday for sexually abusing one of the girls he instructed.
- FDA approves Plan B for girls as young as 15 April 30, 2013WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Food and Drug Administration on Tuesday said it would allow the Plan B One-Step contraceptive to be sold without a prescription to girls as young as 15 years of age. The announcement partially reverses a December 2011 decision that prevented the sale of the emergency contraceptive to all females of reproductive age, which was […]
- Monday last day for morning-after pill appeal May 13, 2013The government is running out of time to try to halt implementation of a federal judge's ruling that would lift age restrictions for women and girls wanting to buy the morning-after pill. U.S. District ...
- $60K payment for ejecting kids with skin condition May 9, 2013A Detroit-area restaurant will pay $60,000 for telling a family to leave because the children had a genetic skin condition, the U.S. Justice Department announced Wednesday. The department sued the Golden ...
- Kenya's truth report: Killings, land grabs, graft May 22, 2013Kenya's president received a long-awaited Truth Justice and Reconciliation Commission report that names the president and his deputy as being among those suspected of planning and financing Kenya's 2007-08 ...
- The Global Center for Women and Justice at Vanguard University Hosts Delegates from Northern Iraq to Reduce Violence ... April 26, 2013Combatting violence against women in Iraq spawns higher education partnership between Vanguard University and University of Duhok. Visit to California includes training with 12th District Court Judge David O. Carter, OC Juvenile Justice Douglas Hatchimonji, OC Juvenile Services, OC Child Abuse Special Teams (CAST) and Westminster Police DepartmentCosta Mesa, […]
- Monday is deadline for govt. to file appeal of morning-after pill unrestricted sales ruling May 13, 2013NEW YORK, N.Y. - The government is running out of time to try to halt implementation of a federal judge's ruling that would lift age restrictions for women and girls wanting to buy the morning-after pill.
- Girls as young as six raped by Congolese soldiers in Minova: U.N. May 8, 2013By Michelle Nichols UNITED NATIONS (Reuters) - Democratic Republic of Congo troops raped at least 97 women and 33 girls, some as young as 6, in the country's volatile east after they fled from advancing M23 rebels in late November, according to a U.N. report released on Wednesday. The majority of the rapes by the Congolese army (FARDC) occurred in Minov […]
- Girls as young as 6 raped by Congolese soldiers in Minova: UN May 8, 2013By Michelle Nichols UNITED NATIONS (Reuters) - Democratic Republic of Congo troops raped at least 97 women and 33 girls, some as young as 6, in the country's volatile east after they fled from advancing M23 rebels in late November, according to a U.N. report released on Wednesday. The majority of the rapes by the Congolese army (FARDC) occurred in Minov […]
- San Quentin Prison Is No Place for Innocent Men (Op-Ed) May 9, 2013Lawyers and supporters for the California Innocence Project are walking 660 miles from San Diego to Sacramento, California, to personally deliver clemency petitions to Governor Jerry Brown for the release of the California 12, a dozen inmates who have strong cases of factual innocence. Follow their progress on TakePart.